MYSfits Schedule 11/17
Here are some notes and schedule for this Saturday, our Nutcracker performance.
1. I've asked Norman Huynh (Oregon Symphony Associate Conductor) to conduct the part of Act 1 that I'm not able to conduct because I'm on stage with the dancers. I don't think we have had enough rehearsal time to be able to play this self-conducted. Most of you have worked with Norman before. He's awesome.
2. Please focus your practicing this week on all the sections of the ballet that we've rehearsed the least. For example:
- No. 1 Scene
- No. 6 Scene (no longer cut)
- No. 7 (battle scene!
- No. 9
- Final Waltz and Apotheose
3. Listen to the recordings!!! I've been reminding you all term-long to do this. If you haven't really done this, now is the time.
4. Attire is all black (just like Symphony Orchestra)
Schedule for the day:
Symphony Rehearsal @ Roseway
MYSfits excused from Symphony Rehearsal. Transportation, lunch, etc.
Call time at PSU, Lincoln Hall, Performance Hall
Dress rehearsal (run through, spot checks)
Final spot check
Studio rehearsal of OIBA's Nutcracker a couple of weeks ago.