Sinfonietta Rehearsal Notes - 09/09
WHAT WE DID:
1. Team building activities including "5 questions" and the "cup game."
2. First read-through of Bernstein West Side Story.
3. A little bit of detailed work from the beginning of the piece to "I Feel Pretty."
4. Read just the beginning of Bacchanale.
- Please practice EVERYTHING each week, but focus on what we worked on the Saturday before (especially the things you marked with your pencil) and the things we will work the following week:
REHEARSAL PLAN FOR 09/16
- Bacchanale: detailed work. Beginning to approximately m. 105.
Note: LEARN YOUR PART AT HOME! - Remember: you learn your individual part at home. You come to rehearsal with your individual part 100% prepared, so you can learn to play it as an ensemble.
- Bernstein: detailed work from beginning to about the end of "Maria." Again: PLEASE PRACTICE IN ADVANCE OF SATURDAY.
Album cover for the original release of the soundtrack of West Side Story (1957)